4 Reasons Why Rolling on your muscles is not enough.
- Although foam rolling gives you that “good hurt” feeling it only hits the surface. Any brand claiming that their roller breaks up scar tissue, releases trigger points, or muscle adhesions is simply delivering you fake news. The current body of science shows that rolling only provides temporary relief.
- Rolling around on a ball or a roller doesn’t always help and in fact can have adverse affects. The more you roll, the more your body accommodates. This means that the temporary relief you’re getting will actually decrease leaving you wanting more.
- Rolling does not address the underlying cause of movement dysfunction. Many people who have mobility problems will hop on a roller or pound their body with a massage ball and not realize the root of their mobility deficit is the joint and not the muscle. So again, rolling is not getting deep enough to change anything at the level of the joint.
- In order to target specific muscles you need to have a small surface area however every roller on the market is as wide as it is useless. People will suggest a lacrosse ball or massage ball to target the smaller areas but again, rolling is like taking an otc pain killer. It does not address the root of the mobility deficit.
So now you might find yourself asking, what is the solution to improve joint range of motion or reduce exercise endured muscle stiffness?
- the answer is in the science. In order to create a true change in the structure and muscles of your body, you have to perform what is called “active stretching”.
- active stretching has been around for awhile in the physical therapy/chiropractic industry and until now you had to go see one of those providers to get a treatment.
- Now you can get the same effective treatment within the comfort of your own home with the “U-Fix” self massage tool. With this revolutionary massage tool you can easily target stiff muscles and joints, allowing you to get deep enough to create a lasting change.
- In addition to having access to a full-body video library, you can also subscribe to the streaming class. This ultimate package will ensure you’re getting the most out of your time. Classes are provided by an expert instructor in which you’ll learn how to properly address your mobility needs as well as have the opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback.